I used my size 3.0mm hook.
- magic circle
- 10 sc in magic circle, join
- ch 4*
- sc in 2nd ch from hook
- hdc in next ch
- dc in next ch
- join to circle with sl st (see picture above)
- *repeat from ch 4 around until you have a star
- fasten off
To make the circle around the star:
- Join where indicated in the photo and chain 3. (You will be working in the back loops only!)
- Going up the left side, dc.
- In the next sp, hdc.
- In the next sp, sc.
- Continuing down the other side of the point, sc.
- Hdc in the next sp.
- Dd in the next sp.
- Tr in the next space, and repeat #2 - 8 around until you have a complete circle. Join & fasten off.
Here's a completed star in the circle. Next:
- join with another color, ch 2 *(hdc in the next 3 sts., 2 hdc in the next st), repeat around and join. fasten off.
- join with another color, ch 1 *(sc in the next 5 sts., 2sc in the next st.) repeat around and join. fasten off and weave ends.
A finished coaster is about 3.5 inches.
Here are the first two star coasters I completed.