I am a cat person, and a few months ago we adopted a cat named Gracie. I was inspired by her to create these crochet cat coasters. Now, I've seen those cat butt coasters, and my husband asked, "Why didn't you make the cat butt coasters?" Because I see enough cat butt already! LOL So since I think our kitty has an adorable face, I created cat face coasted with whiskers, green eyes, and a cute little pink nose.
our cat Gracie... the picture on the left is from when she first came to live with us in March. I took the photo on the right a couple days ago. So we've fattened her up, and she's fluffier! When we adopted her, she was missing some fur due to a flea allergy, but as you can see, she's all better now. I was asked, "Why would you adopt a cat that was missing fur and had a flea allergy?" Because look at that adorable FACE! I loved her face, and she's such a sweet girl.
To make these cute crochet cat coasters, I used black Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn, a size 2.5 or 3.0 hook (I kept alternating between the two), a yarn needle, and a little white, pink, and green yarn.
- magic circle
- ch 2, 10 hdc inside circle, join
- ch 2, hdc in same stitch, 2 hdc in each stitch around, join
- ch 2, hdc in same stitch, (1 hdc in next stitch, 2 hdc in next stitch) repeat around, join.
- ch 2, hdc in same stitch, (hdc in next 2 stitches, 2 hdc in the next stitch) repeat around, join
- ch 1, sc in next stitch, skip next stitch, 3 dc in next stitch, ch 2, 3 dc in same stitch, skip next stitch, sc in next 4 stitches, slip stitch in the next stitch, skip next stitch, skip the next stitch, 3 dc in the next stitch, ch 2, 3 dc in the same stitch, skip the next stitch, sc in the next stitch, invisible join, and finish off.
- I used my yarn needle to add the green eyes, white whiskers, and pink nose.
I'm using one of these coasters right now. My bottle of sparkling water on it protecting my desk that is always in need to a fresh coat of paint!
I wonder what Gracie thinks about my crochet cat coasters... I actually caught her snooping around my craft room a few minutes ago.